Our little ones’ bodies are developing and their minds expanding, so it is extremely important to fuel their bodies from the day’s start to finish. How? Here is a go-to daily meal plan, complete with fun and healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes which your children can make too!
- Breakfast Banana Split: Cut one banana in half, add Greek yoghurt to the middle, and top with muesli, cereal, and fruit garnishes. A perfect balance of a low-fat, high-fibre, protein-packed meal, leaving your child feeling satisfied until lunch time! We love the Snap, Crackle, and Pop of low sugar Rice Krispies. Plus, fruits add to your kid’s recommended 5-a-day!
- Five-Minute Fajitas: Mix last night’s chopped up leftover chicken, sliced onion and peppers. Separately, mix mashed avocado and a pinch of salt and pepper to make guacamole. Place altogether in mini tortilla and wrap!
- Kale Chips: Wash and cut several kale leaves, chuck onto an oven tray, lightly spritz with coconut oil, leave in the oven for 12 minutes at 175°C after preheated, and sparingly salt once done. A perfect substitute for crisps and chips!
This meal is a fun way to mix your child’s greens and increase their vitamin intake!
- Green Pizza: Top a pizza base with kale pesto and plenty of greens like spinach, olives, and broccoli. Before placing in the oven, sprinkle your pizza with mozzarella cheese. Yum!
- Sweet Potato Chips: Slice a washed sweet potato into chip shapes, spritz with coconut oil and dash of salt. Dinner is served!
- Fruit Kebab: Dessert? Push chopped fruit onto a wooden kebab skewer. Done!
And don’t forget to pair your favourite HeyLikeWow vitamin drink with each meal for vitamins and Calcium, keeping you healthy and hydrated!
For a long time stereotypes have meant that men have crossed the finish line ahead of women when it comes to respect in the sporting world. Challenges are still being met, but awesome sportswomen are working hard to break down these barriers they face. There are so many ambitious and accomplished sports women to admire, and this week we’re celebrating 4 of the most successful women in sport.
The American tennis star is ranked number one in women’s singles tennis. Serena won Wimbledon last year, and she’s been training hard and keeping her diet in check to prepare for this year’s tournament. Serena loves to eat clean and tries to stick to raw and natural foods. Serena has said she avoids the word ‘diet’ and instead likes to think about making long-term healthy lifestyle choices, you go girl!
Jessica is one of the UK’s best athletes and has worked hard to earn her stripes as the nation’s sweetheart: she made us proud when she won gold in the 2012 Olympics in the heptathlon. The mum-of-one loves exotic fruits to snack on when she’s busy training: dried mango and kiwis are her favorite.
Sharapova is a woman who believes in balance. She’s one of the world’s top tennis players and she famously has a sweet tooth which launched her business high-end sweet company Sugarpova. But the Russian knows that sugar should be a treat, not a part of your daily diet. Maria trains six hours a day to prepare for tournaments, and keeps her diet clean too, green smoothies as a healthy snack.
Paralympic swimmer Ellie was the youngest athlete to compete in the 2008 Beijing Paralympics: Ellie now 21 was born with achondroplasia, a bone growth disorder that causes dwarfism. At just 13 years old Ellie won two gold medals for team GB, and she will head to Rio this summer to compete for team GB once again. Ellie admits she has a sweet tooth, but eats sugary treats in strict moderation to keep super healthy when training.
This weekend saw the Hey Like Wow team heading to the The Allergy & Free From Show in London, did you catch us there? We came with some delicious samples of our tasty and exotic vitamin water drinks, and explained to the crowds that attended why sugar-free living is so much easier and tastier with Hey Like Wow!
The annual show allows those who live with allergies, or who choose to avoid certain foods to come along and try out products made just for them, experience free-from cooking classes and hear experts talk about living ‘free-from’. We were so impressed with all the amazing options on show; it proved that living with a free-from diet doesn’t have to be difficult or boring!
This year for the first time the The Allergy & Free From Show added a whole area dedicated to sugar free items, the ‘No Added Zone’. It’s safe to say Hey Like Wow felt right at home here: all our products are not only free from sugars but preservatives too.
We brought along some samples for those who love to live a sugar-free life to try. All of our exotic flavoured vitamin water drinks are packed with vitamins to naturally boost your energy without the need for nasty, unnatural sugars or caffeine. Studies have shown that sugar can be extremely addictive, and a difficult habit to break. One way to take a step towards a sugar-free life is by swapping your favourite sugary soft drinks for a sweet but healthy alternative. Hey Like Wow drinks are the perfect stepping stone for you to start a healthier, more balanced diet.