The world offers so many sublime destinations for those eager to release their inner explorer or for those merely in need of some respite from the demands of daily working life. Does that sound like you? Well listen up, here are six of the best:
- Bora Bora – It is no surprise that couples elope to Bora Bora – the island epitomises romanticism. This South Pacific Island creates an unforgettable couple’s experience, offering hibiscus flower backdrops, white sand beaches, clear azure water, and privacy from sunrise to sunset.
- Taha’a, French Polynesia – The scent of vanilla, watermelon, and copra lingers in the air of this flower-shaped French Polynesian island. The peaceful overtones of Taha’a are mirrored by the locals’ tranquil lifestyle along with mountains and bright sandy beaches.
- Cappadocia, Turkey – Cappadocia’s golden sand dunes and clear landscapes offer great scope for hiking routes and picturesque panoramas which can be viewed in the Göreme and Zelve open-air museums as well as via a hot air balloon.
- Caño Cristales, Colombia – If you don’t believe in rainbow coloured rivers, think again. From July to November, many humans and animals alike flock to the Serranía de la Macarena province in Colombia where mosses and algae comprise “The River of Five Colours”.
- Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Japan – Rent a bicycle and glide through the bamboo groves of Arashiyama and Sagano. The colour green has a psychological effect of influencing creativity and serenity, so if you need inspiration you know where to go!
- Dubai – The infamous Atlantis Hotel offers a signature underwater suite where guests are actually submerged underwater, contained in their very own luxury suite. New floating villas have recently become an option too, allowing you panoramic views of the ocean.
If you can’t travel to one of these exotic destinations then you don’t have to miss out completely! Have a little taste of the exotic by grabbing a Hey Like Wow vitamin water drink, with tropical flavours such as Hibiscus, Grape & Pear, and Mango, Lime & Coconut. So go on, step into the tropics with one of our refreshing sugar free drinks!
Summer holidays are rounding up, but the volatile English weather means we’ve still got to plan some activities for our kids on those rainy days. We’ve put together a chain of building, making, searching, and playing that doesn’t require parents venturing out into the rain to buy supplies to keep our kids entertained all day.
- Books and blankets den: To create your children’s own ‘No Parents Allowed’ den, the house and all its furniture is your oyster! Stack books on top of each other to create walls and drape a blanket over the top for a roof. Duvets, pillows, and cuddly toys add extra comfort, making for a great nap after playtime!
- Painting: Want to keep your kids occupied for hours on end, but don’t have paint? Here’s what you can do; mix 1 cup salt, 1 cup flour, 1 cup water and food colouring to a bottle of ketchup, and have any colour of the rainbow at your disposal.
- Armed with water guns but missing the summer sun? Fill them with paint instead and fire at a canvas propped on an easel. Lay down newspaper on your floors, and dress in your scruffiest gear before letting loose!
- Rainbow pizza: Set aside the ice lollies and opt for something to keep your kids warm and cosy inside their dens. Top a pizza base with red and yellow Bell peppers, broccoli, sweetcorn, tomato, and red onions for a healthy meal packed with vitamins.
- Find more recipes in our guide to Kid-Approved, Healthy and Fun Meal Ideas.
- Treasure hunt: Help your kids get their recommended 5-a-day by hiding five fruits around the house and get creative giving your children clues to help discover them.
Play time! And don’t forget to give your kids a boost with their own Hey Like Wow drinks, packed with Vitamin B6, C and D!
Here at Hey Like Wow we’re all about mixing the perfect flavour combinations with amazing vitamins to give you the healthiest and tastiest hydration possible! This week we’re putting the spotlight onto one of our favourite flavours, lemon. Our Lemon & Elderflower drink is a flavour match made in heaven and great for you too, each bottle contains 33% of your RDA of vitamins D, C and B6.
Lemons are great for your health in a number of ways, the key reason why is that they’re packed full of vitamins C, D and B6 (just like Hey Like Wow drinks!) as well as vitamin E, copper, and iron. With all of these amazing nutrients combined inside one powerful little fruit it’s no wonder lemons are considered able to help to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and are even considered a blood purifier. They pack a punch in health benefits as well as flavour!
Lemons are great if you’re keeping an eye on your weight too, they work to reduce the rate that your body digests starch, thus keeping your blood sugar levels balanced, which in turn helps your body to store less fat! A great, sugar free way to incorporate more lemon into your diet is by slicing some up and putting it your water bottle. You get a subtle hint of flavour and it will help to keep you topped up with its metabolism-boosting goodness!
For delicious citrus hydration grab a Hey Like Wow Lemon & Elderflower for a refreshing boost of vitamins in a sugar free drink.
Each Hey Like Wow drink is not only completely free from nasty ingredients like sugar and preservatives, but they are also packed full of awesome vitamins to help you reach your RDA.
All vitamins are different in how they help the body to function, and it can even be a bit confusing figuring out which ones do what. So, this week we’re taking you through exactly how vitamin B6 (also known as pyridoxine) can help you be as healthy as you possibly can! Every single one of our drinks contains 33% of your RDA of vitamin B6, in a variety of delicious flavours- check out our range to see which your favourite is!
There are many health benefits of vitamin B6; a key one is how it helps your metabolism. Your metabolism is the process by which your body is able to break down your food. The body needs vitamin B6 for more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in your metabolic processes, it’s fair to say it’s an essential ingredient!
Vitamin B6 is also involved in production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, which help to send messages from one part of our brain to another- pretty important stuff! It’s widely believed that a lack of or imbalance in our serotonin levels is linked to depression and anxiety, another reason that B6 is such a key element to our diet and nutrition.
Here are some key sources of Vitamin B6:
- Cooked Tuna fish
- Sunflower seeds
- Pistachio nuts
- Dried fruit such as apricots, prunes and raisins
Pick up a Hey Like Wow and push it, shake it, live it to unleash the vitamin B6!