So it’s one of those days again. Your humanity (aka glorious laziness), has gotten the best of you and the gym now seems like a distant memory from the good old days when you were filled with motivation and energy. Yes, it happens to the best of us. The good news is, you can fight this feeling with minimum effort and spectacular results, and we’ve got 10 different ways to get you going!
- Celebrate the power of music: They don’t call it sonic therapy for nothing! Create a killer playlist and resurrect your lost appetite for exercise.
- Prep your body: If your body gets in the mood, your mind will follow. So make sure to nurture it the right way. A delicious bowl of oatmeal and a Hey Like Wow Mango & Passionfruit bottle will keep you full and hydrated!
- Dress the part: A little mind-play goes a long way. It’s the oldest trick in the book of motivation but we swear if you just put on your best gym outfit you won’t believe how fast you’ll hop on that treadmill!
- YouTube, your best friend: Not in the mood to step out of the house? Fitness vloggers are only a click away from your best exercise session!
- Sneak exercise in your daily routine: You don’t have to make it official. Take the stairs today, or park your car a little further from your work. Every calorie counts!
- Get yourself a reward: Promise yourself something exciting if you go to the gym. Just make sure it’s not an edible prize!
- Surround yourself with inspiration: Make a visual mood board of your final goals. Pinterest is an endless pool of inspiration and the best platform for the job.
- Commit publicly: You are men and women of your word and once you give it, you have to stick to it! So make your gym plans known!
- Track your success: Make a journal and note down how far you’ve come. You won’t feel like breaking your strike afterwards!
- Buddy up: Whether that is a friend or a colleague, find the partner in crime who will pull you up when you’re feeling low!