Summer holidays are rounding up, but the volatile English weather means we’ve still got to plan some activities for our kids on those rainy days. We’ve put together a chain of building, making, searching, and playing that doesn’t require parents venturing out into the rain to buy supplies to keep our kids entertained all day.
- Books and blankets den: To create your children’s own ‘No Parents Allowed’ den, the house and all its furniture is your oyster! Stack books on top of each other to create walls and drape a blanket over the top for a roof. Duvets, pillows, and cuddly toys add extra comfort, making for a great nap after playtime!
- Painting: Want to keep your kids occupied for hours on end, but don’t have paint? Here’s what you can do; mix 1 cup salt, 1 cup flour, 1 cup water and food colouring to a bottle of ketchup, and have any colour of the rainbow at your disposal.
- Armed with water guns but missing the summer sun? Fill them with paint instead and fire at a canvas propped on an easel. Lay down newspaper on your floors, and dress in your scruffiest gear before letting loose!
- Rainbow pizza: Set aside the ice lollies and opt for something to keep your kids warm and cosy inside their dens. Top a pizza base with red and yellow Bell peppers, broccoli, sweetcorn, tomato, and red onions for a healthy meal packed with vitamins.
- Find more recipes in our guide to Kid-Approved, Healthy and Fun Meal Ideas.
- Treasure hunt: Help your kids get their recommended 5-a-day by hiding five fruits around the house and get creative giving your children clues to help discover them.
Play time! And don’t forget to give your kids a boost with their own Hey Like Wow drinks, packed with Vitamin B6, C and D!SHARE: