Our little ones’ bodies are developing and their minds expanding, so it is extremely important to fuel their bodies from the day’s start to finish. How? Here is a go-to daily meal plan, complete with fun and healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes which your children can make too!
- Breakfast Banana Split: Cut one banana in half, add Greek yoghurt to the middle, and top with muesli, cereal, and fruit garnishes. A perfect balance of a low-fat, high-fibre, protein-packed meal, leaving your child feeling satisfied until lunch time! We love the Snap, Crackle, and Pop of low sugar Rice Krispies. Plus, fruits add to your kid’s recommended 5-a-day!
- Five-Minute Fajitas: Mix last night’s chopped up leftover chicken, sliced onion and peppers. Separately, mix mashed avocado and a pinch of salt and pepper to make guacamole. Place altogether in mini tortilla and wrap!
- Kale Chips: Wash and cut several kale leaves, chuck onto an oven tray, lightly spritz with coconut oil, leave in the oven for 12 minutes at 175°C after preheated, and sparingly salt once done. A perfect substitute for crisps and chips!
This meal is a fun way to mix your child’s greens and increase their vitamin intake!
- Green Pizza: Top a pizza base with kale pesto and plenty of greens like spinach, olives, and broccoli. Before placing in the oven, sprinkle your pizza with mozzarella cheese. Yum!
- Sweet Potato Chips: Slice a washed sweet potato into chip shapes, spritz with coconut oil and dash of salt. Dinner is served!
- Fruit Kebab: Dessert? Push chopped fruit onto a wooden kebab skewer. Done!
And don’t forget to pair your favourite HeyLikeWow vitamin drink with each meal for vitamins and Calcium, keeping you healthy and hydrated!SHARE: